Old January 27th 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default reverse the last thing you did.

On Jan 27, 2:37*am, mart wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for most responses. I have learned a few things.

About the flaps always being locked, the flap lever moves in a long
slot with on one side the hooks to lock them. They only work in one
direction, to prevent them going forward. That is why the can move out
of lock,backwards, when moving the airbrakes. There is no spring that
pushes them back into the side with the hooks.

I know that this is used by pilots when flying faster then 150km/u or
80 knots with is the point of moving from 0 to -5 flap. *Flying a
90knots you might want to use -1 flap to get best performance. Letting
the flaps float makes that happen.

Coming Saturday I will see if I can do a pratice run doing exactly
what happened , only with a bit of height.

Should have flown today..10k base with 8knot climbs. Work got in the
way.

Cheers,

Mart

In any case, select at least +2 flap before landing;
IIRC this setting will not be pushed further back
when deploying spoilers.
Check it in the cockpit !

Hope this helps,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"