Old April 4th 11, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

Default K6 cr Canopies

What you are referring to is known as the "Schweizer Haube", and has
nothing to do with Elmira :-). The large aftermarket canopies were
made by Mecaplex in Switzerland. IIRC they were availavble for the
Ka-6 and Ka-8.

My Ka-6 has the original smaller canopy, but I am looking for another
canopy frame to build a sport canopy.

Pete

On Apr 4, 12:21*pm, Rob Shepherd wrote:
Evening folks,

I own a K6cr that has its original small bubble as well as another frame
with a cut down, open canopy.

Looking on the net I see many other cr's that have a much larger bubble,
the canopy frame seems to have been cut away.

Have some owners made their own alterations to the frame to accept a
larger bubble, similar to the K6E or are the photos posted really E's,
not CR's? Is it possible to adapt one of the frames to take a larger
moulding?

Cheers
Rob