Old October 9th 03, 10:11 PM
Eric Greenwell

In article ,
says...
Eric wrote

There aren't enough motorglider pilots interested in
contests to justify having a separate contest in each region.

There IS enough at Ephrata to have a regional MG class. Didn't you say you had
10? That's bigger than any other class in region 8, isn't it? :)

Typically, we've had 5 motorized sailplanes entered in various classes.
While 5 gliders is enough for a class, there is no Regional class for
"motorgliders". So, does Region 8 invent our own, non-sanctioned MG
class, or let these SSA members fly in the classes that are already
there in the SSA sanctioned contest put on by their region? In fact, we
have to let them fly in those classes, since they meet all the
requirements for them.

A separate MG class, however done, would likely cause a problem: the
Open class we normally run would have less than 5 entrants, and have to
be cancelled.

--
-------
Eric Greenwell USA