Old April 1st 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Mini Cams

Well, not sure the camera is going in the cockpit much of the time.
The camera arrived recently along with an additional 25' AV extension
cable, which added $14 to the cost, so it was hard to pass up.
Otherwise I plan also use my second Ram-Mount as a camera mount inside
the cockpit and occassionally through the slider window.
http://www.ram-mount.com/ has a lot of attachment gadgetry, including
standard camera mounts.

For some specialized video, I'm looking a some external mount points.
The camera has digital pan/tilt/3X zoom, but I haven't tested that yet.

There is a difference in the input voltage between the Archos V500 and
the V700. The V500 requires 5V which 4 * NiMH 1.2V 2500mAH cells
provide. The V700 requires 6V input which means building up a custom
holder. I'm ordering a 10-cell AA holder to modify into a 6V 2.5AH
supply for the recorder. Want to keep it self contained for use in a
variety of gliders also.

Wish the taxes were done;^(

Frank