Old May 27th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Careless Linemen

Kyle Boatright wrote:
How do the rest of you deal with careless linemen? The kind who scratch
your airplane or chip the paint because they are either careless or have not
been properly trained on how to avoid damaging aircraft when refueling 'em.

I've done my share of ramp ratting and I'll remind you the FBO isn't paying that
guy enough to live on. OTOH, most of the guys on the ramp like aviation and
wouldn't knowingly damage an aircraft. I'd say education would be the answer
you're looking for.

I congratulate you on keeping your temper. What many people never seem to
consider is what motivates others. When somebody shows me their ass, I tend to
look for ways to pay them back. When somebody's nice to me and I've screwed up,
I look for ways to make it up to them. You definitely want to be in the latter
category.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE