Old July 29th 03, 02:20 AM
TinCanMan

"Jim Watt" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:20:16 -0700, "TinCanMan"
wrote:

You missed the point. I have broadband NET access

Oh ****ing wow.

Well, now I am impressed.

Do you think I use tin cans and a piece of string?

I'm sure I don't know, nor do I care.

Also do not confuse the access to television you have tightly
controlled by cable companies to what I have from an array
of dishes.

OK, I see. Uropeen TV good. U.S. TV bad. Talk about prejudice.

That isn't what I said, although its generally accepted to be true.

I see. You just didn't want to appear to be saying it.

What I did say is that due to my geographical location I can watch
a lot of national television direct, which is simply not available in
the US.

You, also, said "generally accepted". See what I mean about appearing?

You also asserted all television was rubbish although you are
not able to see it.

No, I didn't. Read it again. Go for comprehension this time. I didn't even
imply it. If you're going to paraphrase, try to get it right. I said it was
entertainment and it is, even the news and proported documentaries. FWIW,
I'm not a hermit living in a cave. I had TV till 10 years ago and decided it
was entertainment, poor entertainment at that. I'm also aware those who
choose to do so may obtain inexpensive satellite service providing 500+
channels of programming, including numerous Canadian, Mexican and other
Latin American stations. I don't find it surprising you might receive Iraqi
programming as it is no farther from Seville-Baghdad than it is
Miami-Seattle and I can drive there without being subject to the whims of
half dozen or so tinpot dictators who's ideas of justice include the
traumatic removal of body parts for minor indiscretions and the stoning of
women for adultry. And you say you're offended we execute murderers.
Uropeeans appear quite happy to do business with these folks without a
wimper and yet question U.S. justice and motivation. How cheesy. No wonder
Congress rejected the IKK.

Pot... Kettle... Black. Sorta like being a television elitist, eh? Or

maybe
you think yourself above yorkshireman?

Those who live in a paper bag for sure..

Ah, let's see... The Uropeean family gathered round the telly for an evening
of cultural awareness, intellectual stimulation and refined viewing
presented in the best traditions of the Benny Hill Show. Guess there's no
accounting for the tastes of the cultural elitists. I see the error of my
ways.