Old November 5th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Precision Airmotive LLC

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 22:11:36 -0400, "Alex G." wrote:

I don't think I would put a carb on without verifying things like bowl
screws were tight. I usually dissasemble and clean things like this before
use, and that's for a lawnmower or outboard. What was the mechanic doing? I
have witnessed Continental exhaust valves sticking, usually they were badly
carboned up- operator error? Who knows? I doubt the lawyers allowed anyone
with any mechanical experience on the jury, in fact I'd bet on it.

in the certified world of aviation you are not permitted to
disassemble and clean a tagged device prior to installation.
those actions invalidate the approvals to fit the device.

thats the rub for these folks. they cant afford the elaborate process
needed to make any changes and they cant afford to continue as they
are. they have been screwed by the ineptitude of the system.

Stealth Pilot