Old February 21st 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Post-Annual Flight

Nice design, Mr. Piper. Beech Bonanza you take off the access port on the
top of the wing to expose the top of the bladder where sender is located.
Remove 6 or 8 more screws and sender comes out. No need for tank to be
empty, down 5-10 gallons helpful. Sender out in 5 minutes.

Agreed. Making the sending unit inaccessible without removing the tank is
crazy. But it's just another goofy thing in aviation, non-specific to Piper
products. I suspect every owner can tell a maintenance story about
"stupid-design-induced-headaches" on their brand of airplane.

Thankfully, the sending units on our tip tanks are much easier to work on,
should that ever become necessary.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA