Old May 13th 05, 04:51 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

I recently purchased the 1000 and have no regrets. It fits nicely on
the yoke with the provided mount. Expect to use the external antenna.
Without the antenna I have had bad luck keeping the thing sync'd up.
As far as size, I was considering going with the 500 as well, but I am
glad I went with the 1000. I can not imagine trying to find smaller
buttons while flying. The color unit would be cool, but like you I am
only a weekend pilot and I got the 1000 for a really good price.

Go with the 1000 and you will not regret it.

On 12 May 2005 19:47:09 -0700, wrote:

Hello all. I am pretty much set on getting a Lowrance GPS but I'm
trying to make a decision between the three models offered. I'm pretty
much looking at the 1000 or 2000c, but I'm throwing the 500 in the mix
as well because, as far as I can tell, it's another good GPS with a
smaller screen. Money isn't really an object, because I find all the
units to be affordable, but I see no sense in spending more than
necessary. That being said, I'm basically a weekend pilot but I would
like to start flying some longer cross country flights and really would
like a portable GPS. I'm curious if the color screen really adds
anything, especially considering the screen is a bit smaller than the
black and white display on the 1000. I'm also curious if anyone has
found the 1000 or 2000c to be too large. My main x-country aircraft
will be either a 172 or an Archer. Any ideas on other considerations
that I should be taking into account would also be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Flying!

Brian

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL