Old May 13th 05, 05:53 AM
Jonathan Sorger

I purchased the 1000 back in September and have no regrets.
At first I thought that the screen would be too large, but it seems to
fit perfectly in the yoke of a 172. It is nice to have the extra screen
real estate. My decision was based on the battery life - not all of the
planes I rent have operable cigarette lighters and I didn't want to chew
through batteries on the 2000c. The 1000 gives me 8-10 hours.

In .com briankjohnson@
gmail.com wrote:
Hello all. I am pretty much set on getting a Lowrance GPS but I'm
trying to make a decision between the three models offered. I'm
pretty much looking at the 1000 or 2000c, but I'm throwing the 500 in
the mix as well because, as far as I can tell, it's another good GPS
with a smaller screen. Money isn't really an object, because I find
all the units to be affordable, but I see no sense in spending more
than necessary. That being said, I'm basically a weekend pilot but I
would like to start flying some longer cross country flights and
really would like a portable GPS. I'm curious if the color screen
really adds anything, especially considering the screen is a bit
smaller than the black and white display on the 1000. I'm also
curious if anyone has found the 1000 or 2000c to be too large. My
main x-country aircraft will be either a 172 or an Archer. Any ideas
on other considerations that I should be taking into account would
also be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Flying!

Brian