Old November 15th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default Super fast assembly and launch...

snip
four of us pulled a Libelle out of the factory trailer, rigged it and
it was rolling on
tow in 4 minutes 5 seconds.
/snip

Two questions:
(1) what do you mean by "out of the factory trailer"? (I hope it's not
the first thing that comes to mind
(2) Who thought to have a stop watch running on the first go?!

snip
He took 12 or 13 tows that day
/snip

Oh my. That's got to be the record by a long shot. Anyone else come
close?

When I was a student (solo) pilot I tried to kill a December Saturday
by just taking pattern tows all day. I was just warming up when the
instructor asked me how many flights I'd had. A dozen, I replied. He
said "That's more than enough. Call it a day."

I didn't argue but I was a little miffed driving home!

~ted/2NO