Old September 26th 17, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LOV2AV8

Default 737 vs glider

I'm curious how this happens. ATC sees gliders on their radar in Tucson. Wouldn't they SW flight get a traffic alert with "type and altitude unknown"? from ATC. ATC has the job of deconflicting and should worst case it as the unknown traffic is the same altitude as the 737. We have been contacted by Tucson TRACON and they would like to meet in order to share their concerns over transponder equipped gliders being at 10,000' over Pinal Airpark (KMZJ). We haven't met yet but take a look at the proximity to the Tucson Class C. A long ways away and they're complaining about us that are transponder equipped. Seems like a bad omen.

Randy "AV8"