Old February 26th 19, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Default Tow rope musings - informal survey

I have my Russian wife pull me 3-5 ft after hook-up to test. I figure that ought to work. Plus no more than 3 knots, not counting the rings. My tow pilot Bueally has cataracts and is unable to read the instruments. He flys by the seat of his Depends. Poor feller. Not long for this world.
Guess I’ll throw the wife in the towplane, get a new rope, and teach my pet monkey to hook me up....just have to fly alone....and pull the release myself.
A new rope would be nice and a bit more safer.
Oh, I use 126’ of 1/4” clothes line, 37’ of mule hemp, and 12’ of lamp chain on the towplane end with a cleavage hitch..
Can’t wait for my new Arcus T.