Old November 23rd 20, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynewstandard Features!

On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 6:28:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
"Not for the PowerFlarm Core as it was not FCC Certified with that configuration"
Now that the FCC has approved dual antenna transmit in the Fusion, it shouldn't be that difficult for Flarm to persuade the FCC and "Innovation" Canada to amend approvals for the Core. Likely the transmit components are pretty much the same.

Persuading probably requires retesting, the first time in the USA the second antenna transmit did not make the grade. The difficultly is money! I got a quote for a manufacturer for lab testing and certification several years ago. The price tag $25,000 to $30000, if it passed the first time. Internally the units are quite different . PowerFlarmCore 3 internal boards, Fusion 1 board. I doubt it will happen for an end of life product..

Richard
www.craggyaero.com