Old November 1st 17, 08:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Discus b versus Discus CS

As well as building the Discus the Czech SH factory builds other gliders for them - all Duos were being built there and then fitted out in Germany when we got one in 2001. Earlier I had a half share in a German built Discus BT that, after being broken by a partner, ended up with a new Czech wing and the older German one. The only difference was a slight difference in the spar stub GRP colour.

There was a major issue around 15 years ago when some Czech built wing spars were found to have inadequately bonded top caps and there was a big program of internal inspection and repairs if indicated. Assuming that any Discus CS from that era had the inspection done and recorded properly then I wouldn't have any other concern about relative original build quality of B and CS models.

The CS was offered with some standard features that were optional on Bs - the main one being a tilting panel which is a very desirable.