Old August 19th 05, 04:53 AM
Ernest Christley

LCT Paintball wrote:
Tightening all three holes reduces any such tendency. Ask any machinist
they will tell you "tighten at all holes".

I think your ideas are very reasonable if the craftsman doesn't get in a
hurry and chooses his cutting tools carefully. Avoid clamping things to the

Mr. Paintball, I think the giveaway was when Veedubber mentioned "cheap
chinese drillpress". In my mind this is one of the $30 Harbor Freight
models. It takes about two of those to complete a Dyke Delta. (the
first one wears out halfway through). Combining precision in the same
sentence with one of these is a great injustice to the english language.

Now not every piece on an airplane requires millionth of an inch
accuracy. Will an airplane crash if the plug used to make lightening
holes is slightly oblong?

--
This is by far the hardest lesson about freedom. It goes against
instinct, and morality, to just sit back and watch people make