Old September 21st 03, 01:52 AM
Mike Marron

Chad Irby wrote:
Mike Marron wrote:

But according to you, that's how the damned things came apart. Yea or
nay?

What I'm saying is that the Missile Well Adapter for electronic warfare
pods for the F-4 Phantom was held onto the plane by four bolts running
straight up into the airframe.

You claimed that was "doubtful."

You were (and are still) 100% wrong.

Oops! Instead of answering the question now you're dodging the
question and putting words in my mouth.

I doubted that A) the ECM pod ripped apart from the airframe as you
said, and B) the pod fasteners were designed to take shear loads in
the threaded area.

I did not "doubt" what you said about them "four bolts running
straight up into the airframe."

Now, pardon me if I missed something but I respectfully ask you
once again (for my own edification) in your opinion -- was it the
bolts, the design itself or what was the culprit with regards to what
you said about the ECM gear "ripping apart" from the airframe?

Sincerely,
-Mike Marron