Old May 1st 10, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default US/Canada Border Data for SeeYou, etc.

On May 1, 1:37*am, 2KA wrote:
Hello All,

On a suggestion from Dave Nadler I've posted US/Canada border
information in Tim Newport-Peace and OpenAir formats on my website athttp://www.soaringdata.info. *I'll probably get around to doing US/
Mexico the next time the weather is crummy in my neck of the woods.

The border data is converted from lists of survey points published by
the US/Canada Border Commission. *I've degranualized it to make it
much smaller while still maintaining an accuracy of +/- 500 ft or so.
I've expressed the result in closed polygon form to make it compatible
with programs such as SeeYou that have trouble with linear border
data. *There are four sections in the file so that you don't have to
load the entire border if you don't want to -- just throw away the
unneeded portions using a text editor.

As the regular readers on this forum already know, my website also
includes current sectionals in .cmr format for SeeYou for the entire
continental US. *It has comprehensive airspace data taken from the
National Airspace System Resource files in TNP and OpenAir formats.
There is also a dynamic waypoint file generator that can merge contest
or recreational turnpoint lists (such as those on the Worldwide
Soaring Turnpoint Exchange) with current airport data taken from the
NASR database. *Four different output formats are supported that cover
nearly every instrument or software program. *All of this is taken
from public sources, is free of charge, and is freely redistributable.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
'2KA"
Lynn Alley