Old September 11th 03, 09:38 AM
BHelman

I looked into the TIS system, but the pricetag and service holes
turned me off. Knowing my luck I would be on a collision course just
as it popped up and said "OUT OF SERVICE AREA" Maybe another 10
years or so will bring better improvements in service and drive the
price down to an affordable amount.

"Julian Scarfe" wrote in message ...
"Marco Leon" mleon(at)optonline.net wrote in message
Thanks for the pirep. Sound like Surecheck got their act together and

built
upon what they learned from the RX series. It looks like the new system

will
give virtually the same info as TIS via Garmin's 330--at a bargain price.
Not that the 330 isn't a bargain already...

It isn't within an order of magnitude of the TIS in its utility. It doesn't
give you azimuthal information.

It looks like Surecheck has used directionality to improve the selectivity
of the unit to distinguish between contacts that are, say, 5000 ft away
vertically and 5000 ft away horizontally. I'm sure that will improve it
over the previous version.

But knowing there is a threat within some range is nothing like being told
*where* to look to find it!

Julian Scarfe