Old December 16th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chuck Griswold[_1_]

Default Memory battery for Dittle FSG71M

I couldn't tell you if I have a Dittle or a Becker
but I couldn't find a
replacement battery for memory in all the normal places.
We have a
Batterys Plus store around the corner. Big green sign.
So as a last resort
I took my radio in told the man what I needed, he soldiered
up a pack
with shrink wrap and put it in place. Has worked fine
for over a year
now. Cost me $20. It had the same voltage and ah rating
and was
rechargable. I was kind out of options, so if your
in the same place try it.
Chuck

At 14:18 16 December 2006, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

Below are the 2 US repair facilities I am aware of.
Dittel recommends

the
place listed below in Florida. I have not heard much
about them but

did
receive some negative feedback a while ago. I'm not
sure how

accurate it
was.

Peninsula Avionics, Inc.
14229 SW 127th Street
Miami, FL 33186
phone: 305-238-6550
Fax: 305-238-7819

Mr. Nick Popovski

Another recommended source is below.
Rick Lord at Erie Aviation http://www.erieaviation.com/

Rick is not factory recommended but I've received good
feedback about

his
work once.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

___________________________

'HL Falbaum' wrote in message
I have had the job done---
The battery is proprietary and soldered to the circuit
board. It is a
lithium battery and can corrode the board if it leaks.

The radio gets a 'tune up' as well.

I had it done at 'Penninsula Electronics' previously
know as 'Nicks
Electronics' in Miami--factory Dittle service and
the job was
satisfactory.

--
Hartley Falbaum

'Bob Fidler' wrote in message
news:nb6dnYkM0awdUB7YnZ2dnUVZ_rOqnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
I have same radio about the same age. I always thought
it is a

special
deal to replace this battery and a factory authorized
repair facility

was
the only place that could do. So, I would certainly
rather do myself

avoid the hassle.

Ray, would you follow up and tell us all how easy
it was to

purchase the
battery, cost, and how difficult to replace.

Thanks,
Bob Fidler
'Ray Gimmey' wrote in message
Wish to find the source for the memory battery for
the Dittle

Radio
FSG71M. The one in my radio is 5 years old and needs
to be

replaced.