Old April 7th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Hypoglycemia?

On 6 Apr 2007 19:43:56 -0700, "EFIS2" wrote:

I am a person with reactive hypoglycemia (gets weak/confused if does
not eat healthy snacks/meals regularly) - I'm sure there is not much
chance of being certified to get a PPL or go onto being an airline
pilot - I just thought I'd ask if anybody knows what the deal is, or
if anybody knows about this problem. I also have bad eye floaters,
I'm sure that would be a problem too. I'm not really optimistic given
that the condition often causes weakness and lack of awareness if I do
not keep my blood sugar up.

aviation medicals are about correctible defects and being in control
of any condition you suffer.
it is not 'what are you feeling before takeoff' it is more about being
competent and functional toward the end of a long flight.

while you have an awareness of your conditions you also comment in a
way that indicates that you dont control the condition which is the
real problem.

seek out an aviation medical examiner in your area and front up for a
medical. talk to the doc about your condition. dont work on hearsay,
work on facts, the doc may have a simple solution for you.

Stealth Pilot