Old April 7th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Hypoglycemia?

"Maxwell" wrote in message

"EFIS2" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am a person with reactive hypoglycemia (getsif does
not eat healthy snacks/meals regularly) - I'm sure there is not much
chance of being certified to get a PPL or go onto being an airline
pilot - I just thought I'd ask if anybody knows what the deal is, or
if anybody knows about this problem. I also have bad eye floaters,
I'm sure that would be a problem too. I'm not really optimistic given
that the condition often causes weakness and lack of awareness if I do
not keep my blood sugar up.

I haven't seen your name here before, so just incase you aren't aware.

All the advice given here seems to be very good to this point and time,
except that of MXMANIC.

Hey!! You forgot to warn him about me!!! :-)

Don't assume anything for sure, until you sit down
and talk it over with an AME. He's the man, not only to acess your
situation relative to aviation, but also to suggest solutions.

You can talk to an AME, but DO NOT make an appointment for an FAA physical!
If you attempt and fail then you are also locked out of the Sport Pilot
option. If (and only if) you can fly OK, but can't pass the physical you can
still be a sport pilot as long as you didn't fail a physical first. But, you
really don't want to find yourself with "weakness and lack of awareness "
at the end of a long demanding flight - you have to take care of yourself,
eh? Ask the AME if "sport pilot" is a bad idea.

Another option is the AOPA - they have a medical department and can give you
some information on how likey you are to have problems.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com