Old March 20th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

Default GA Callsigns

On Mar 15, 6:07*pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:
"William Hung" wrote in message

I'm interpretting the above as "it is OK to call on the radio to get
permission to enter airspace."

I think you should alter your interpretation. *When a radio call is all that
is needed for permission to enter airspace the regulations state something
like, "Each person must establish two-way radio communications with the ATC
facility (including foreign ATC in the case of foreign airspace designated
in the United States) providing air traffic services prior to entering that
airspace and thereafter maintain those communications while within that
airspace."

Now, how would I ID myself? *Would what I've stated above suffice?

As I said previously, just ask ATC when you call for PRIOR authorization.

Thanks Steve, I'll ask ATC next time I'm out at the airport.

Wil