Old December 28th 19, 10:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Locating Transponder Antenna on top of the fuselage instead ofunder it.

On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:26:15 AM UTC-8, Tango Whisky wrote:
My transponder hs 250 W output, no way I would want that any place near my head or my balls.

I don't want your balls near my transponder either. :-)

To be fair it's a low average duty factor (1%) so you don't see all that power. But it's enough for some folks to worry about that folks do pay attention. RF exposure to low-power TABS and ADS-B systems for example designed to be close to wetware are a part of regulatory discussions.