Old August 5th 03, 03:28 PM
Morgans

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

Morgans wrote:

So why did the P-38 have a twin tail. I think it is a pretty cool
looking bird. I think the bird the "Doolittle Raiders" flew had a twin
tail too.

Fred

The Doolittle raiders flew B-25's, and yes, they had twin tails.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bzzzzzt.

B-25's have TWIN RUDDERS, not twin tails.

If you do not agree...
The Ercoupe, C-45 and C-60 have twin tails, too.

Barnyard BOb - there is a difference

*****************************
Bzzzzzt.

They have more than twin rudders. Last I looked, they had twin vertical
stabilizers, too.

It all depends how picky you want to get. In one since, the P-38 does not
have twin tails, either. Since the horizontal is connected to both tail
booms, it could be called a Siameese twin tail.(I know that is spelled
wrong, but I am in bed recovering from surgery, and am not getting up to
look it up)

In the end, I will say that the Ercoupe and C-45 and many others have twin
tails, too. g
--
---Jim in NC---