Old August 22nd 03, 08:52 AM
Corrie

"Greg Burkhart" wrote in message news:3E61b.216963$YN5.148805@sccrnsc01...

"If an antique or classic aircraft is owned and operated solely as a
collector's item"
(http://www.dot.state.mn.us/aero/avof...creg/info.html)
I registered my Ercoupe in MN and paid the one-time fee.

Greg, how does MN deal with homebuilts? According to that page,
you're required to register "when you acquire all or part of an
aircraft" - that *could* be construed as the first shipment of spruce
and plywood.

But since you're the manufacturer, and the registration fee is based
on the aircraft manufacturer's list price ... say I set a list price
of $1. What does the state do?

I suppose once it's flying they want you to register it as a
"recreational aircraft" for $25 annually. It'd be nice if a new
aircraft built from "classic" plans such as a Fly Baby or Pietenpol
would qualify for the one-time fee.