Old September 15th 12, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_32_]

Default Butterfly external display questions

On Friday, September 14, 2012 2:41:38 AM UTC-4, Marc - Butterfly Avionics wrote:
does that mean that in selection mode, once you selected a target, no other target will be selected automatically even if the one you selected already left or landed?

Yes. This is prett crucial for team-flying. In dangerous situations the warn screen automatically appears so this does not produce safety issues. Most importantly it helps reducing workload as the pilot does not have to select that much to keep his teampartner in focus. In europe only very few pilots seriously fly competitions without team partners.

Thanks for all the other wishes, we will add quite some functionality in the future and make sure to integrate your wishes as good as possible.

Cheers

Marc

All the suggestions here so far are very important to me as well (especially making fonts bigger and making audio/visual PCAS alerts more obvious). If we do get more attention-getting audio as requested though we may want to also add the option for a "mute" function as well (perhaps by a simple press of the single knob). With all the transponder traffic near me the PF may never be quiet!

-Jim