Old January 22nd 13, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SeeYou for iPad and iPhone

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:20:58 AM UTC-5, Naviter Info wrote:
On my iPhone I don't seem to have the maps. I just have a blue background.

Are you on 3G/4G/LTE (i.e. not on Wifi)?

There's a setting which protects you from downloading lots of data without me asking if you want that.

The Settings on iOS are not inside the app, there's a dedicated "Settings" app (the one with the gear rings). At the bottom you will find SeeYou, then go to Data & Connection Download map tiles change "Wifi only" to "Wifi or Dataplan".

The setting is persistent. Set it once and forget about it.

You are correct. It was set to WiFi only.

Lane