Old May 25th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Simulators

terry writes:

The fact that you cant ( or more likely wont) ever be convinced you
are wrong does not mean that others cant see your errors.

That can work both ways.

I can still recall you trying to tell a physical chemist that the ideal gas
law doesnt apply in the atmosphere, simply because the gas isnt
contained in a piston like the drawings in your high school chemistry
book, And no amount of explanation could convince you otherwise.

That's because it is true. That's why you can't use the gas laws as-is for the
atmosphere. The atmosphere is held against the Earth by gravity, not
confinement. That's why pressure and temperature gradients exist with
altitude, which would not be the case if confinement held the atmosphere
together.

Anyone can state " my facts are invariably on the money" but people
whose facts are invariably on the money, are normally people in high
demand for their skills and knowledge. They invariably dont work for
peanuts, or beg for handouts.

Actually, I've met a number of highly competent people who are vastly
underutilized in their work. Often extroversion and brown-nosing are more
important than qualifications.