Old June 19th 19, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default FLARM Core boot time?

On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 10:36:04 AM UTC-4, AS wrote:
Hi all in Glider-Land!
Does anyone have a good number for how long it takes or the FLARM Core to boot up?
Background: I am trying to update my Butterfly 57mm round display to the latest revision. The instructions say to connect the USB stick with the update file to the FLARM port, push and hold the button on the Butterfly display and release it after the FLARM has booted up. I know that the FLARM Core has a number of blinky-lights on the unit, which probably could tell you when it is done but they are not visible to me since it is installed behind the panel. So how do I know when the FLARM is done booting without having the display? Or do I misinterpret the instructions all together?

Thanks,

Uli
'AS'

Hi Uli,

Try 60 seconds. I haven't timed it, but I think it is less than this (presuming no config file to load, no updates to PF core, no flight logs to d/l)..

best,
T8