Old November 9th 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon

Default wristbands for air sickness, do they work ?

"Jack" None wrote in message
u...
I am learning to fly gliders and I struggle with motion sickness.

I have tried:
- Ginder tablets, it helped but I was still a bit nauseaus.
- Motion sickness tablets, they affect my awareness and concentration.
- Chewing various things, best was beef jerky (not a joke) it helps but still
not good enough.

Motion sickness is partly physical but mostly mental. I think that I am a
very typical pilot in that as long as I am the one on the controls, I am
unlikely to suffer. But shortly after someone else takes the controls and does
a few "whoop-de-doos" all bets are off! Encourage your instructor to keep
demonstrations brief, and to "talk you through" maneuvers whenever possible
rather than demonstrating, even if that slows your progress a bit.

The best medicine for motion sickness is continued exposure to the conditions
that cause it. Most likely, you will soon get used to the sensations of flight
and your problems will gradually fade away. Until then, do whatever seems to
help.

Vaughn