Old November 9th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default wristbands for air sickness, do they work ?

On Nov 9, 6:26*am, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"Jack" None wrote in message

u...

I am learning to fly gliders and I struggle with motion sickness.

I have tried:
- Ginder tablets, it helped but I was still a bit nauseaus.
- Motion sickness tablets, they affect my awareness and concentration.
- Chewing various things, best was beef jerky (not a joke) it helps but still
not good enough.

* *Motion sickness is partly physical but mostly mental. *I think that I am a
very typical pilot in that as long as I am the one on the controls, I am
unlikely to suffer. *But shortly after someone else takes the controls and does
a few "whoop-de-doos" all bets are off! *Encourage your instructor to keep
demonstrations brief, and to "talk you through" maneuvers whenever possible
rather than demonstrating, even if that slows your progress a bit.

* *The best medicine for motion sickness is continued exposure to the conditions
that cause it. *Most likely, you will soon get used to the sensations of flight
and your problems will gradually fade away. *Until then, do whatever seems to
help.

Vaughn

Ginger is a proven remedy for many people. Those not responding to
tablets have found that chewing ginger root works. Give it a try.

Mike