Old November 9th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Ash

Default wristbands for air sickness, do they work ?

Michael Ash wrote:
Jack None wrote:
I am learning to fly gliders and I struggle with motion sickness.

I have tried:
- Ginder tablets, it helped but I was still a bit nauseaus.
- Motion sickness tablets, they affect my awareness and concentration.
- Chewing various things, best was beef jerky (not a joke) it helps but
still not good enough.

I really feel for you. I have struggled with motion sickness as well,
although from your description it seems that mine is not as much of a
problem.

[snip snip]

Forgot to mention: try not to move your head around too much. Slow, smooth
motions only if you can. (Obviously if moving your head quickly is
required for safe operation, then move your head quickly.) You want to
avoid sharp inputs to your vestibular canals. Hold your head steady when
you can, and move it slowly and smoothly when you need to.

Good luck!

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth