Old April 21st 05, 02:49 PM
Jay Honeck

It proves no such thing. American enumeracy at work.
The land mass of France, as far as I can determine from a quick sweep, is
one 18th that of the US. Is their number of pilots and/or airports an
eighteenth of those in this country?

Since when do potential pilots decide to become pilots based on the
available *land mass*? What kind of logic is THAT?

In my world, aviation enthusiasts become pilots because they can't resist
the call.

Unless, of course, they can't find the money to pay for it...

Taxation? How did such a silly premise get started?

Excessive taxation (or, if you will, social engineering) controls EVERYTHING
in society. When you tax something by 300%, you very effectively limit its
use.

As a fellow Iowan you can relate to this example: What is going to happen
to cigarette smoking in Iowa if (when?) the legislature double the tax on a
pack of smokes, as they are debating this very week? Predictions range
from a 13% to 26% drop in smoking.

Works the same with avgas.
--
Jay Honeck