Old March 21st 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote:

This was just sent to me by a friend...

You may be aware of a piece of creationist propaganda called

"Expelled:
No Intelligence Allowed." I know at least some of you are familiar

with
a wonderful blog called Pharyngula
(http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/)
written by PZ Myers, a professor of biology at the University of
Minnesota.

So with background out of the way, I got to hear this story... Last
night there was a screening of "Expelled" at the Mall of America.
Attendees had to register in advance for tickets. Myers appears in

the
film and even gets an acknowledgment of gratitude. So he registered,
along with his family and a guest, the guy who told this story.

While waiting in line to sign in for the screening, a cop came up to
Myers and told him he was not going to be allowed to enter. A

producer
had recognized him and told the cops to, well, expel him from the
premises. Apparently his intelligence and scientific knowledge were

not
welcome. Maybe he'd contaminate the vibe or something.

So he went downstairs to the Apple store while his family and guest
went
ahead watched the flick, which by all accounts ranged from laughable

pathetic.

The irony level is obviously screaming towards the stratosphere by

this
point. But here's what pushes it over the edge. Myers' guest, who
apparently was not recognized and who told this story this morning
was...Richard Dawkins!

Good stuff, eh?

Frackin' hilarious.

The ID scammers are masters at stepping on their own dicks.

It's incredible. And yet they keep on..

The addition of Ben Stein opens wonderful new vistas of rightard wacko
hilarity.

Life is good.