Old July 9th 16, 07:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default GPS Interference Testing

Another GPS Interference testing is coming up next week through the end of the month and covers pretty much the whole Great Basin if I interpreted correctly.
I know there have been multiple reports of GPS drops during those testing, but I would like to know if anyone experienced a prolong loss of GPS signal during these testing. I am not overly concerned about the flight log but loss of navigation and some of the flight computer functionality especially when flying long cross country in the Great Basin. Please no comments about using sectional instead. That's my backup plan but I am not in particular fond of it, the same as I am not fond of using pay phones anymore.

Ramy