Old July 9th 16, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GPS Interference Testing

Hey Ramy, several of us lost gps signal while flying out of Moriarty last week several days in a row when we got high 12 k and, south of Moriarty about 40 miles. It seemed to only effect the older gps units. Mine was a Garmin 196 and others were Cambridge 20 and a puck. My PowerFlarm as well as others were not affected. The outages 2, lasted about 25 minutes or alittle longer one of them seemed to come back as I went north and got lower, the other came back while still high and going east perpendicular to Alamogordo where the testing was aledgedly taking place.