Old March 13th 21, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Glidecoat.com Ceramic Coating for gel coat marine good for gliders?

On Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 1:44:06 AM UTC-5, John wrote:
Fellow glider friends. My 6 year old Porsche just underwent its first ceramic coat treatment. The car looks brand new and is much more dirt resistant and hardly gets dirty at all. The results are amazing just how slippery and easy to clean. It is supposed to last 7 years. It is so slippery, my cats hate it and won’t jump and walk on my car anymore which makes it so worth it. I am extremely interested if anyone has tried this on a gel coat glider. Glidecoat even has an aviation formula and a boat formula designed for gel coat watercraft.
Has anyone tried it? What is the UV protection? Glidecoat name sure fits our hobby too. Any other ceramic coat brands might be better engineered for gel coat? My car was done in ceramic pro.

https://www.glidecoat.com/product/ma...ramic-coating/

Hawes

I have it on my fiberglass cobra trailer, but I can't say much since my trailer is in the hangar year around.