Old September 19th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default 162 Skycatcher crashes

Kingfish wrote:
Luckily the pilot was able to bail out before it spun in. Just read
this on AvWeb.

Since it was introduced, I've always wondered why they put the doors of the
162 on backwards. They open at the front. It always seemed to me that if
the door became unlatched in flight (not unusual), that it would then be
ripped off by the airstream. I guess now I see the value in it. If you
need to bail out, it works almost like the quick-release latches on aerobatic
aircraft. Pop the door handle and the door flies away.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)