Old July 18th 19, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Default Tragedy at the Alvord Desert, Oregon

I am very sorry to report that there has been another fatality in our sport.. Yesterday, July 17th, at the annual Alvord Desert Safari, Dave Kibby crashed during an auto tow launch. All I have at this time is that as he rotated into his climb he was hit with a gust, rolled to the left and hit the deck. He was killed instantly. I wasn't there, and I didn't know Dave, but I know most of the other people involved at this event. My thoughts go out to friends and family.

Boggs