Old August 19th 19, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Seeking head rest for ASW-20C - or a cheap chiropracter : )

wrote on 8/18/2019 12:07 AM:
It’s for the brief nap when you have glide on home 75 miles out.

Or to prevent the crap in the baggage compartment from hitting you in the head in turbulence or a rough landing.

I can't remember if it was Gerhard Waibel or Martin Heide at Schleicher that told
me the headrest in their gliders was there to protect the head and neck in a
crash; without it, the pilot's head can snap backward in some situations.