Old January 3rd 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Melbourne FL airport -- approach

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
Bush wrote

Capt. Bob Moore can attest to this, however most large airports
on the East coast have approaches over water. Most of these
airports were WWII fields or products of since they were
originally setup for training, and was cheap real estate at the
time. I always take 91.3, if I take fery good care of myself,
everyone in the back will be fine.

Seems as if almost all of PanAm's worldwide destinations were
served by seaside airports. But then, I had spent most of my 10
years of Navy flying (P-2 P-3) at 100'-200' over water both night
and IMC. Hand flying a P-2 Neptune for 12 hours at 100' at night
could very well test one's mettle.

Bob Moore
VP-21 1959-1962
VP-46 1965-1967

Bob,

Did you guys ever feather the inboards for extended loiter time?

Seems I've seen pics of this.

Jay B