Old April 3rd 20, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default ForeFlight collision avoidance system

We have been having an interesting discussion about an apparently new functionality in ForeFlight that can display transponder equipped aircraft on a display (e.g. an Iphone) and, if the software detects the possibility of a mid-air collision, will turn aircraft symbols red and give an audio warning..

Would our on-line experts please weigh in on this technology and compare / contract its capabilities to Flarm?

Please - I'm not trying to start a war here. I'm just trying to get information from those "in the know".

Thanks in advance!

Lou