Old April 3rd 20, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default ForeFlight collision avoidance system

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 8:37:54 PM UTC-4, MNLou wrote:
We have been having an interesting discussion about an apparently new functionality in ForeFlight that can display transponder equipped aircraft on a display (e.g. an Iphone) and, if the software detects the possibility of a mid-air collision, will turn aircraft symbols red and give an audio warning.

Would our on-line experts please weigh in on this technology and compare / contract its capabilities to Flarm?

Please - I'm not trying to start a war here. I'm just trying to get information from those "in the know".

Thanks in advance!

Lou

This is not new functionality. It has been available for years when coupled with ADSB in.