Old April 3rd 20, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default ForeFlight collision avoidance system

Martin,

The Foreflight display function is immediate as long as there is a valid input from an ADS-B input source. In our gliders the most common ADS_B input is coming from the FLARM, which does not interface with the Foreflight software, nor the iDevice wireless inputs (Bluetooth and WiFi).

So, unless you have a newer TPX with ADS-B in and wireless communication (Of which there are many now on the market), the Foreflight display TAWS function will not work.

In addition, while the Trig 21, or 22 is a great ADS-B out device, there is not, to my knowledge, any ADS-B in from that device. So again you'll need some other source to the Foreflight to get the TAWS display.