Old July 14th 04, 04:19 AM
Dale

In article ,
(Shawn) wrote:

Aileron up deflection on the upwind side (into the wind)
didn't help (and thinking about it, I don't think aileron would assist
in a weather-veining situation). I applied full opposite rudder and
that wasn't enough. I actually had to apply light braking on the
opposite rudder to get straightened back out.

Aileron will help somewhat to counter the weather vane....adverse yaw.
You should do whatever is needed to maintain directional control...if
brake is needed use it. In a B-17 aileron, rudder, brake, differential
power and maybe even sticking your tongue out G if needed in a stiff
crosswind.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html