Old December 5th 05, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default PA28 Battery replacement

Roy Page wrote:
: Cory, we fitted a new Gill 35 sealed battery on our Archer in July 2004.
: That battery is now showing signs on a discharge test of being a little
: weak.
: So I am not convinced about the Gill sealed batteries.

That was my impression from reading some of the specs. Seems like the SLA
batteries have the plusses of being maintenance-free, but don't last as long.

The one that's in there is the old-school flooded battery.

* Cory Papenfuss *