Old February 24th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DavidH

Default artificial horizon

Joe,
you did say
What I can say from personal experience, and the accident stats back me
up, is that a VFR pilot flying a plane with an IFR panel is much more
likely to find himself in conditions he isn't prepared to cope with.
Having the extra information available *can* make things safer. .......

..
I do have the dilemma of knowing whether a slightly "better" panel is
insurance or is merely an invitation to get into trouble.
..
I dare say that we are all to one degree or another susceptible to the
"it's there so I'd better use it" syndrome and consequently do need to
recognise the potential for getting ourselves beyond our skill/
currency levels.
..
Current thinking is that I will probably install one of the
Stratomaster electronic attitude indicators/turn co-ordinators.
best wishes
Davidh