Old September 27th 03, 04:14 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
(JDupre5762) writes:
I have the basic information concerning a family friend who was KIA in Italy
during WW2. The information comes from the American Battle Monuments
Commission and includes his name, service number, squadron and group. How
could I determine which aircraft he was flying in and whether it carried a name
or nose art? Web searches of the squadron and group have only turned up the
most general information.

It sounds like you're looking for more data than "It was a B-25".

For the history of a specific aircraft, try the USAF Hisorical
Research Agency at Maxwell Air Force Base. If you can identify the
unit and date of loss, they may be able to find the appropriate
aircraft record data cards to flesh in some of the details. From
there, it _may_ be possible to locate photos of the aircraft from the
USAFHRA collection, the Air Force Museum, or the National AIr & Space
Museum. It would take a bit of luck, and some time, though.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster