Old July 31st 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Default Double Eagle + orphaned engine = a winner?

flybynightkarmarepair wrote:
On Jul 30, 12:18 pm, " wrote:
On Jul 30, 11:34 am, Anthony W wrote:

Getting back to the flywheel drive... I looked at the Great Planes site
and the only way I could find to buy one of their flywheel drives is
with an engine kit.

Steve has sold me two of them. (See the blog.)

-R.S..Hoover

Sold me one too. His engine mounts (bought one, sent it back) didn't
work for my airframe, but the point is, Steve will sell you lots of
stuff he doesn't list, either seperately or AT ALL in his catalog. I
bought my Flywheel End Piece from him well before he announced that
engine configuration, and mine wasn't the first he'd sold - airboat
people had been using them for some time.

You can see MY blog for how I'm planning on arranging things:

http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/2007/10...nversions.html
http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/2007/05...-flywheel.html
http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/2007/06...prototype.html
http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/2007/06...rd-mockup.html
http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/2007/08...st-system.html
http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/Sonerai/End_Piece.html

Regarding the Wittman rear drive, I have the plans for it. Don't go
there; it's more trouble than it's worth.

Thanx again. I've copied this to my archieves and I'll be looking over
your blog later on...

Tony